- University of Richmond School of Law, J.D,
(Cum Laude), 1999
- Cambridge University (Emmanuel College),
- Miami University (Ohio), B.A. Political Science,
Admissions & Affiliations
- New York
- U.S. District Court for the Southern District of CA
- U.S. District Court for the Southern District of NY
- U.S. District Court for the Northern District of NY
- U.S. Court of Appeals for the Federal Circuit
- U.S. Court of Appeals for the Second Circuit
- U.S. Court of Appeals for the Fourth Circuit
- American Bar Association, IP Section
- San Diego Sports Innovators (Legal Mentor)
For almost 20 years, Jonathan has practiced in some of the most competitive environments the legal profession has to offer. Working in several prominent law firms in both New York and London, Jonathan assisted Fortune 500 companies (including some of the largest tech, pharmaceutical and biotech companies in the world) with complex intellectual property transactions and litigation.
In 2013, Jonathan moved from New York City to San Diego, and instantly fell in love with the active environment and athletic lifestyles led by many who live here. As an avid triathlete, Jonathan was also thrilled to be based where the sport was founded.
In 2014, Jonathan began his private law practice in San Diego, working with established businesses and start-ups alike on a broad range of legal matters, including intellectual property, commercial transactions and agreements, e-commerce, privacy and data protection, and litigation and dispute resolution.
From 2017 through 2018, Jonathan acted as General Counsel for one of his larger clients, during which time he helped get their existing “legal house” in order, while handling any new legal matter the company faced. Jonathan also took an active role working directly with the CEO and CFO on the sale of the business, including participating in the due diligence process and interacting with the new owners.
Jonathan prides himself on leveraging his “Big Law” experience and training when helping his clients, and doing so in a sensible manner, ever mindful of his clients’ legal budgets. Moreover, Jonathan believes that every client – no matter big or small – deserves a high level of personalized attention when dealing with their legal issues. Jonathan has been recognized as a San Diego Top Attorney by the San Diego Daily Transcript, and awarded Best of the Bar by the San Diego Business Journal.