Intellectual Property & Technology
Intellectual Property (“IP”) assets are often the backbone of a company, and critical to its sustainability and growth. The attorneys at NorthStar are proficient in all aspects of intellectual property and technology law, including:
- IP Strategy and Counseling
- Patent and Trademark Filing and Prosecution
- IP Due Diligence and Analysis
- Licensing and IP Transactions
- Brand Protection, Enforcement & Dispute Resolution
Entering into sensible and clearly written agreements is vital to the smooth operation of any business. To this end, NorthStar helps its clients with a wide variety of commercial transactions and agreements in areas such as:
- Manufacturing and Supply
- Distribution, Sales and Marketing
- Licensing and Joint Ventures
- Confidentiality and Third-Party Vendor Support
E-Commerce, Privacy & Data Protection
Doing business online comes with its own set of unique challenges, including navigating the ever-changing, ever-complex set of rules and regulations governing privacy and consumer data protection. NorthStar has worked with clients who have significant e-commerce businesses, and helped them with such things as:
- Online Advertising, Promotions and Sweepstakes
- Drafting and maintaining privacy and data protection policies that comply with both federal, state and foreign laws.
- Counseling on matters related to third-party e-commerce vendors, including payment platforms, and marketplaces like Amazon, eBay, and Shopify.
- Handling ADA Web Accessibility lawsuits.
Mergers & Acquisition
NorthStar Law Group has experience in the legal process involved with the merger of two companies, and sale of a company or its assets. Whether you need assistance with due diligence – involving a thorough analysis of a company’s existing contracts, liabilities, and IP holdings – or drafting the necessary documents to close a deal, the attorneys at NorthStar can help.
Litigation & Dispute Resolution
We understand that most companies want to avoid spending time and money embroiled in disputes with third-parties. Nevertheless there are times when businesses find themselves having to enforce their rights through enhanced legal action, or are on the receiving end of a lawsuit. The lawyers at NorthStar have significant litigation and dispute resolution experience, and bring to bear the skills required to successfully represent our clients in State and Federal Court on a wide range of issues, including intellectual property disputes, and consumer product claims, including alleged California Prop 65 violations.
Fractional General Counsel Services
There may come a time when a company needs an in-house attorney to handle all legal matters that come in the door. But hiring a full-time employee to act as General Counsel just doesn’t make financial sense. NorthStar’s Founding Partner, Jonathan Muenkel, has worked in-house and as General Counsel for his clients, and can take on the role as a part-time General Counsel for your business, offering such services on a monthly retainer or fixed fee basis.